Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is thinking logically wrong?

With the case involving the Texas Department of Housing and Community affairs and city of Dallas, it is a little unclear. When you look at it from the buyers side it makes sense. I am sure property taxes are cheaper in an area that has high crime rate and high poverty rate. However, when "discrimination and segregation arise, there is a lot more then logical thinking going on. It may even bring up ideas of what other government controlled programs are put in place to "regulate" specific groups of citizens.

I don't agree with the city of Dallas. I do not believe that they are intending to discriminate or segregate minorities from the majorities. My opinion is not to pass this case because if ruled in favor of Dallas I believe there is going to be a follow up trial because the housing will no longer be upto standard. I am sure the City of Dallas wants the best for their community no matter who they are, but I am afraid that they may be asking for a little too much when asking for new projects to be in nicer communities. There is already a lot that the government does for citizens in need, why should there be question behind a lending hand? If I were to receive help, I would not be picky on what I'm giving. I would simply be grateful and try my hardest to recover and give back. Of course if the Department were to say that they are purposely discriminating then yes, it is wrong. But I strongly believe, they are just making a business decision that does not recognize emotion and in some eyes it's wrong, but it is just logical thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment